1x Canon EF 24-70mm Lens
1x Clear protective circular filter
2x Lens caps
An essential telezoom lens for sports, wildlife or portraits.
The EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM is a workhorse telephoto zoom lens designed for professional use. It has a rugged durable design, a four-stop Image Stabilizer and specialised lens elements.
The L-series is Canon’s flagship professional lens range, representing the best in precision-designed EF optics. L-series lenses combine superior performance with superlative handling, and are resistant to dust and moisture
Fast, constant maximum aperture
Shoot hand held in low light conditions thanks to a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture, which stays constant throughout the zoom range. Such an aperture also gives a photographer control over depth of field.
Canon’s four-stop Image Stabilizer (IS) makes the EF 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II USM ideal for shooting in low light conditions when using a tripod is not possible. The IS system allows shutter speeds up to four stops slower than normal to be used without causing image blur.
Fluorite and ultra-low dispersion (UD) lens elements
The lens features elements made from fluorite, which reduce chromatic aberration. Five UD (ultra-low dispersion) elements are used to ensure high contrast and natural colour reproduction throughout the zoom range.
Smooth background blur
A virtually circular aperture diaphragm gives out of focus regions a softer, more uniform feel. Sharp foreground objects stand out against a smooth blurred background.
A ring-type ultrasonic motor drives autofocus extremely quickly, and in near silence. Excellent holding torque ensures the point of focus is reached accurately, without overshooting. Furthermore, full-time manual override is available, making it possible to adjust focus without leaving AF mode.
The lens is supplied as standard with the ET-87 lens hood to prevent glare affecting images, as well as a removable tripod mount and soft case.
- Constant maximum aperture of f/2.8
- Four-stop Image Stabilizer
- Fluorite and UD lens elementsImproved durability
- 1.2m minimum focussing
- Water and dust resistant
- Ring type USM AF motor
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl) 29 degrees – 10 degrees, 19 degrees 30′ – 7 degrees, 34 degrees – 12 degrees
- Lens construction (elements/groups) 23/18
- No. of diaphragm blades 8
- Minimum aperture 32
- Closest focusing distance (m) 1.4
- Maximum magnification (x) 0.17 (at 200mm)
- Distance information Yes
- Image stabilizer 3-stops
- AF actuator Ring USM (1)
- Filter diameter (mm) 77
- Max. diameter x length (mm) 86.2 x 197
- Weight (g) 1470
- Magnification – Extension Tube EF12 II 0.24 – 0.06
- Magnification – Extension Tube EF25 II 0.41 – 0.14
- Lens hood ET-86
- Soft case LZ1234
- G.F.Holder III (hood III*) (0)
- G.F.Holder IV (hood IV*) (1)
- Extenders EF1.4x II and EF2x II Compatible
- AF actuator (1) Mechanical full-time manual focusing built-in.
- *Maximum number of Hood III/IV attachable. In case of zoom lenses, the maximum number applies to the short focal lenght